Chief Analytics & Data Officer
Morgan Stanley Wealth Management
Jeff McMillan is Managing Director, Chief Analytics & Data Officer for Morgan Stanley Wealth Management, where he is responsible for all aspects of Wealth Management’s strategy to leverage analytics, data and artificial intelligence to drive growth and efficiencies across the firm. Jeff’s is a leader in Wealth Managements efforts to transform its operating model to deliver even higher quality advice and scalable solutions, leveraging the most advanced analytical and artificially intelligent capabilities available. Jeff is a member of the Wealth Management Operating and Risk Committees as well as the firm’s Securities Operating Committee.
He is also Co-chair of Morgan Stanley’s Veterans Employee Network. Prior to his current responsibilities, Jeff has held a variety of leadership roles at Morgan Stanley, including leading the integration of the firm’s advisor and client platforms as part of the Morgan Stanley Smith Barney merger, overseeing the firms digital strategy and development of all product and advisory platforms, as well as owning the build out of Wealth Managements Research capabilities. Before joining Morgan Stanley, Jeff had a variety of roles within financials services, with a deep focus on business transformation, digital enablement and analytics.
Jeff is a graduate of the United States Military Academy at West Point where he received a BS in economics. Upon graduation, he served on active duty as an armor officer and scout platoon stationed in South Korea and Fort Knox, KY.
Morgan Stanley Veterans Employee Network
Jeff McMillan (Co-Chair)
The MS Veterans Employee Network is responsible for providing support to its veteran employees as well as taking an active role on the issues that affect veterans across the United States. Specifically the Network is charged with:
• Supporting the transition of our new veteran employees to the civilian sector by providing every veteran employee who wants one, a senior level mentor.
• Actively leading our efforts in the recruiting of veterans across all areas the firm and providing firm leadership training and support in understanding the value that veterans can bring to our organization and the unique challenges they face
• Providing ongoing educational opportunities for our veteran employees to be exposed to internal and external leaders in the veterans space
• Engaging with the different branches of the Department of Defense through the hosting of different armed forces educational programs, war colleges and fellowships
• Providing external support and funding to outside organizations that are providing high quality support and services to the broader veterans population